I’ve been nominated for the My Liebster Award! I can’t tell you how incredibly thrilled and excited I am to think that someone thinks I’m good enough to warrant this, but I’m so grateful! Thank you so much to Der Sonne folgen at www.reachingthesun.wordpress.com for the nomination! She is an awesome author as well as motivator to me. She also writes the most lovely posts. Please check her out. She’s been blogging just a bit longer than me but writes so well. She writes from her vast knowledge of psychology and life. I recently discovered her wonderful writings and I’m hooked! You will be, too, I’m sure.
Blogging has been such a blessing these last 3 months. It’s a way to write and to think I’ve actually gotten to meet some really neat people in some far stretches of the world. I never knew who would read my daily musings when I started. Heck, I didn’t even know what I’d write about. I just knew I had to write. Now, when I don’t write, I feel like I’ve let people down, other than myself. This might sound silly, but it motivates me to write. I provides a connection to others that wasn’t there before.
10 Things About Me
- I’m a Registered Nurse. I worked in Home Health for about 15 years with Mother-Baby, Pediatric Program and loved it but it was time for a change. I’m now working with an adult population as an office nurse in a clinic. Completely different as I’m in a different office every day.
- I am married to my high school sweetheart but it’s my second marriage and his first. He waited for me all those years! He is the best husband in the world and would do anything for me.
- i have a “zoo” at my house. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 hamsters, 4 bunnies and a squirrel presently. It’s a lot of work, but my 14 year old is the biggest animal lover in the world and my husband and I are big softies to small furry creatures.
- My mother always wanted my to write a book and now my father is after me to do the same. I finally started to write it!
- I have family scattered across the world. Family is most important to me. I just wish we could have a big reunion and make it close to me since it’s so expensive!
- I’m a big hockey fan. I love my St. Louis Blues. I also love my St. Louis Cardinals baseball. I love soccer and tennis as well and played on my college tennis team.
- I love to read, but when I was young I found it very difficult. Now that I’m older, even with reading glasses, sometimes the print can be very small and hard to see. Getting lost in a story is the best escape ever.
- The beach and the sunshine are my favorite holidays if not spending them with my family.
- Seafood, especially lobster and crab could never get old in my diet. I could eat them everyday and never tire of them, especially with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and some veggies.
- I love to paint. I paint furniture and pictures, even though I don’t have any real talent. I’ve done a few things that I’m really proud of that are displayed in my house. The furniture painting I’m good at though.
And the Nominees Are…
- https://agathachocolats.com/ who is addicted to yummy chocolate and mystery
- https://movingtowardsthelight.com/ who has beautiful photography and poetry
- https://sunnshhine.wordpress.com/ wonderful poet!
- https://scratchesandscribbles.com/ extraordinary writer of short stories!
- https://letthelightinreflections.wordpress.com/ who writes of her love of Christ in and life
- https://abercrombieandfitness.wordpress.com/ my fitness.life coach! Such motivation and she has the most amazing abs! She’s also hilarious!
- https://kbgarst.wordpress.com/ who writes about the challenges and observations of midlife!
- https://trulyunplugged.com/ who writes in such a fabulous way, you just have to read it to appreciate it fully! Trust me! She’s awesome!!
- https://vladvaida.com/ who always has good advise and good pictures
Liebster Award rules
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a short description about your favourite blog and include a link to it.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, and who have fewer than 1000 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the blogger the happy news that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn more about it (they might not have even heard of it!)
- Congratulations to the nominees and happy blogging!
I’m so truly honored and still can’t believe I get to share this with you guys! Thank you again! This has been such a blast for my insomnia tonight! I just wish I could nominate everyone!