Thank you so very much to Shaz for nominating me for the Liebster Award. What a blessing to be thought so much of by such an incredible author! If you haven’t checked out her blog, I encourage you to do it! I am so honored by this award and hope that it will bring other readers to visit my blog as well as I venture further into sharing more short stories as well as my other daily musings with you.
11 Things about me.
- I’m first generation Irish in the US.
- I love to travel, but don’t get to do as much as I used to.
- I have 3 dogs, Duncan, Eleanor Rigby and Gizmo.
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart.
- I can play the piano, flute and a little bit on the guitar.
- Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series is my favorite book series of all time.
- I love Indian food.
- I love to paint, but I’m not very good at it.
- I love my coffee in the morning and a scoop of ice cream at night.
- I love the beach but live in the Midwest.
- My husband is my best friend.
Now to answer the 11 questions posed to me.
- My overall life goal is to be the best wife and mother I can be while writing a novel.
- The one thing that brightens up my really bad day is my husband. He has a way of making things better when all the world just seems to be wrong.
- I caught the traveling bug when I was a very little girl. We would travel to Ireland to visit family. Mom always said I was a “very good little traveler”.
- I can’t travel without my wallet with my driver’s license in it. I’m practical if nothing else!
- The worst thing that ever happened to me on a trip was when I was a child. We landed in Dublin, Ireland but our luggage went to Dublin, Georgia. I had no clean underwear and I had had an accident. I was very small.
- Traveling to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for an Indian wedding. My husband was a groomsman. I had a blast and our son was just 4 months old. The food, the partying, the people, the culture. So much fun!
- Uh-oh, there is no question 7.
- I think most places I’ve been to are the way I imagined them being except Malibu, California. I went there when I was younger and we stayed in a dumpy motel. We had to go buy towels for the beach. We went to the beach on an overcast day, but as I am an optimist, we made the best of a strange situation. We were only there overnight then headed up the coast again.
- When I’m away from home, I routinely sleep even less. I am up in the wee hours of the morning, even earlier than at home. I just have to immerse myself in my surroundings.
- I usually miss my bed, my pillows and my animals the most when we aren’t at home.
- If I could do anything to make this world a bit better, I would simply teach people how to see the cup as half full. I would teach them to see kindness and be kinder to each other. If the world was kinder, our world would be a much better place to live.
Now, here are my 11 questions!
- What is your favorite thing to do on a summer’s day?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What makes you continue to blog?
- What is your favorite genre of music? Do you listen to it when you write or do you like silence when you write?
- Where is the place you’ve traveled to that you’ve enjoyed the most and why?
- If you could do anything in life where money was no object, what would it be?
- If you had to give up reading or writing, which would you give up?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What can you not leave the house without in the morning?
- What country do you live in and have you ever traveled outside of it?’
I do hope you enjoy these questions. I’m just winging it this morning.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award.
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
Thank you again to Shaz at www.surescribbles.wordpress.com for nominating me! And congratulations to my nominees! You guys rock!
And the nominees are:
- Carvings on a Deskcarvingsonadesk.com
- Reality Through Fictionscratchesandscribbles.com
- There Must Be Wordstheremustbewords.wordpress.com
- Dreamer’s Paradisedreamdisorder.wordpress.com
- Raised on the Radioraisedontheradio.com
- Crumpets and Bollocks by Michelle Grewecrumpetsandbollocks.com